What is it?
- Research Alerts is a communications technology that allows University of Guelph faculty, staff and students to stay up to date on news from the Office of Research.
- Through Research Alerts, subscribers receive emails related to research funding opportunities, workshops and events, policies and more.
- Each subscriber sets individual preferences to indicate the topics and categories of information that are of interest to them.
- For example, one subscriber might just be interested in receiving news about workshops and events offered by the Office of Research that pertain to the physical sciences and engineering while another subscriber might be interested in receiving funding opportunities and sponsor news related to just the social sciences.
How does it work?
- When a message (Alert) is published in the Office of Research that matches the subscriber's selected preference categories and topics, it is e-mailed directly to the subscriber.
- The Research Alerts site can also be searched using the search fields, or browsed through the topics by category.
Who is it for?
- Everyone has access to search the public web site to stay up to date on news from the Office of Research.
- If you are a University of Guelph member, you can log into the site using your central login ID and password. This will grant you:
- Access to customize your subscription settings
- A page that will automatically filter alerts based on your settings (e.g. humanities, information and communications technology, etc.)
- Allows you to receive emails containing information on the published alert instantly or within a daily digest of all the alerts published in the last 24 hours
- Research Alerts email notifications are only available to those with a university of Guelph single sign-on access.