Thursday May 18, 2017 1:30pm to 4:00pm
OVC Pathobiology AHL, Room 1800
1:30pm - 1:40pm: Introduction
Thank you to the faculty and staff who have RSVP-ed to attend this information session - we look forward to seeing you on May 18th! We are still accepting RSVPs - RSVP to Margaret Love, Office of Research Services at email@example.com indicating the Research Group that you intend to apply to.
This information session will include a presentation and Q&A with SSHRC personnel. The information session will also provide participants with an opportunity to interact with U of G faculty who have recently served, or are currently serving on SSHRC review committees through a fast-paced Q&A session led by Christine Bold and Mark Lipton, from the School of English and Theatre Studies.
Join us remotely:
While we hope that you will consider joining the session in-person, SSHRC's presentation will be made available via Adobe Connect. We will be projecting with audio SSHRC's presentation in OVC Pathobiology AHL, room 1800 during the information session. If you are unable to attend the session in-person and you wish to view/listen on your own computer remotely, please test your connection well ahead of the information session. The link to the presentation will be "live" the day of the workshop. Note: the Q&A session with Christine Bold and Mark Lipton is only available for participants who join the session in-person.
A two-page quick reference guide has been attached to this Research Alert; please review this guide and the links provided therein prior to the information session. The reference guide includes:
- Internal and external deadlines;
- Contact information for University of Guelph support personnel at the College and Institutional level;
- Links to online resources that will assist you during the preparation and development of your proposal (e.g. SSHRC Manual for Adjudication Committee Members 2016-17);
- Upcoming webinars, hosted by SSHRC, for this competition; and,
- Important notes on the 2017 competition.
We encourage you to review the material below prior to attending this information session - these documents contain important information for preparing successful SSHRC IG proposals.
Material for the SSHRC Insight Grant Information Session 2017 workshop
- SSHRC IG Quick Reference Guide
- Insight Development Grants Committee Guidelines
- IG Committee Evaluation Template
- Insight Grants Scoring Grid 2016-2017