For More Information
For additional information, please visit the AGE-WELL website for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech (EPIC-AT) is pleased offer Black, Indigenous and racialized early career researchers funding to support patient-oriented research and patient engagement. Funding for these awards was made available through the Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) Supplement to CIHR Health Research Training Platforms.
EPIC-AT is a national training platform that will prepare graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers to be future leaders in digital health solutions for older adults with complex health needs.
These awards are meant to increase financial support for Black, Indigenous and other racialized early career researchers to pursue patient-oriented research and patient engagement activities and help build their independent research programs as they pertain to digital health solutions for older adults with complex health needs.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Use of Grant Funds section of the Tri-Agency (CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC) Financial Administration Guide for a complete listing and description of allowable costs and activities.
- Indigenous, Black and racialized early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be engaged in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT.
- Applicants may not hold an EPIC-AT Fellowship or be part of the EPIC-AT leadership including Platform Advisory Committee members, Principle Applicants or Co-Applicants.
Two (2) EPIC-AT Early Career Researcher Awards in Patient-Oriented Research
Maximum Project Value
$20,000 per award
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
- The application is comprised of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Applicants are strongly recommended to complete the EPIC-AT HRTP Fellowship application (Section C of this package in either English or French) using preferred word processing software.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you login, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password.
- The Forum application will open on December 19 and you will be able to see and select “EPIC-AT ECR Award.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5pm ET on 31 January, 2023.