Alberta Ministry of Labour
Please visit the OHS Futures website for information on research priorities, the grant agreement, applicant eligibility, the review process and data sharing.
Eligible research projects should: 1) meet the 2018 research priorities; 2) be completed within 18 months, including knowledge transfer; 3) must directly impact Alberta workers and workplaces or inform policy and practices that will directly impact Alberta workers and workplaces.
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Futures Research Funding Program provides health and safety research funding for academic institutions, industry and labour organizations. This program formalizes the way researchers, academic institutions, industry, and labour organizations access funding for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) research. It links government with experts and enhances OHS knowledge and capacity.
OHS Futures is accepting Notices of Intent for projects that support the prevention of occupational injury, illness and disease in Alberta workplaces. In previous years, OHS Futures received over 20 applications, and funded between seven and nine projects.
To be eligible for a research grant, your organization must be Canadian-based. However, international collaborations are encouraged.
The Principal Applicant and Co-Applicant:
- cannot be full-time employees of any Government of Alberta ministries
- must have the qualifications and appropriate expertise to conduct the proposed research
- must agree to data sharing within the time period outlined in the grant agreement
- must provide a final report within the time period outlined in the grant agreement
- must be willing to complete evaluation surveys, provide information/summary resources in layman’s terms, and present research findings at two designated meetings
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Notice of Intent period closes. Due to the sponsor on March 19, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. MDT which is 1:59 p.m EST. Those invited to apply for full proposal will be notified by the sponsor in late March 2018.
For those invited to full proposal, application period closes on May 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m MDT which is 1:59 p.m. EST.
How to Apply
Please visit Alberta Labour website for steps to apply.