Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR)
Are you a researcher interested in being a part of the national conversation to inform CIHR’s next Strategic Plan? Apply to attend the CIHR Strategic Plan Consensus Workshops and Research Summit!
Join colleagues from across the health research ecosystem in a national dialogue to build consensus and refine the key priorities for the CIHR Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
What, When and Where
The CIHR Strategic Plan Consensus Workshops will engage participants in six roundtable-discussions focused on each of the Strategic Plan lines of inquiry, followed by a day-long plenary session. The invitation-only event will be in Ottawa Tuesday, September 10 and Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
Consensus Workshop participants will be invited back to Ottawa to further refine and validate the major themes and priorities for the CIHR Strategic Plan 2020-2025. The one-day event will take place on Friday, December 13, 2019.
- CIHR will consider the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as seek a balance across career stages and research pillars, when selecting participants.
- Participants will be required to be available for both the Consensus Workshops (September 10 -11) and the Health Research Summit (December 13).
- We know that September is a busy time of year for our research community, e.g., classes will have started, some researchers will be busy completing their Project Grant applications, etc. Please indicate in your application if attendance at the events would conflict with other CIHR deadlines.
- CIHR will cover the travel and related expenses for participants.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
- Please register through CIHR’s online engagement tool at www.letstalk-cihr.ca. While you’re there, be sure to read the CIHR Strategic Plan background materials and if you have the time, complete some of the surveys.
- Then, draft a short paragraph explaining who you are and why you are interested in attending these two events.
- Email your paragraph to StrategicPlan-Planstrategique@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.