ArcticNet/Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK)
Northern Travel Fund 2018
For More Information
Each year, ITK works with ArcticNet to ensure that Inuit are well represented at ArcticNet’s Annual Scientific Meeting. ITK brings Inuit research priorities to the forefront to ensure they continue working together towards Inuit self-determination in research, one of ITK’s strategic objectives.
The ITK are currently seeking nominations for Inuit to attend the ArcticNet Annual Scientific Meeting being held in Ottawa, Ontario; December 10 – 14, 2018, to support Inuit engagement in this annual learning and networking opportunity.
You can nominate someone from an Inuit region to attend the ASM by meeting 1 or more of the criteria below:
- You are a recipient of ArcticNet research grants, or a member on the ArcticNet RMC, BoD or Inuit Research Advisor
- You will be presenting or attending as an observer
- You have or are currently working with Inuit on your research project, and would like them to attend the conference to assist you during your presentation or poster session
- You know someone from an Inuit region who would benefit from the experience of going to an ASM
- You DO NOT have the funds in your project budget to pay for their travel to the conference
The Northern Travel Fund has limited funds, and only approved applicants will be contacted.
Nominators must be willing to assist their nominee throughout the coordination of their travel and during the conference (If needed). ITK acts as an administrator of the travel fund. The Northern Travel Fund covers all travel costs to attend the ASM. Honorariums to cover salary are not offered through this fund.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
If you would like to nominate someone, please send the following information by October 17, 2018:
- The nominees contact information: address, phone, email
- Explanation as to why they are nominated (Your reasons, and possibly a bio of the nominee)
- Their role at the conference
- Confirmation they are available and willing to attend
- Please indicate whether the nominee has been involved in an ArcticNet and/or NCP funded research project