International Balzan Prize Foundation
The Balzan Prizes are awarded to scholars, artists and scientists who have distinguished themselves in their fields on an international level.
The Prizes for 2020 are to be awarded in the following subject areas:
- Human Rights
- Earth System Dynamics
- Environmental Challenges: Responses from the Social Sciences and the humanities
- Environmental Challenges: Materials Science for Renewable Energy
No more than four prizes may be awarded in any one year.
Self-nominations are not accepted.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for these prestigious awards, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the program website
- An up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable); and
- A short letter or email from the Associate Dean (Research) or College Research Manager indicating the College's support for the nomination.
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit an OR-5 and a complete nomination by the external deadline to email@example.com