The Banting Research Foundation and Dystonia Medical Research Foundation Canada
The Banting Research Foundation and Dystonia Medical Research Foundation Canada are pleased to announce the Banting Research Foundation Discovery Award supported by DMRF Canada is now accepting applications for 2018. This marks the second year of a two-year funding partnership to support research by early career investigators focused on areas relevant to dystonia, a neurological movement disorder impacting more than 50,000 Canadians.
The goal of the DMRF Canada’s Science Program is to support the discovery of new or improved therapies and, ultimately, a cure for dystonia. To achieve this goal, the DMRF is dedicated to supporting the field of dystonia research and stimulating the collaborations and projects necessary to accelerate progress.
This competition is open to new investigators at any Canadian university or affiliated research institute who:
- will be within the first three years of the date of their first career academic appointment at the application deadline date of March 15, 2018,
- have not been awarded by their institution more than $150,000 in start-up funding (exclusive of support from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation), and
- have not been awarded more than $50,000 per annum in external operating funds at the application deadline date. (An applicant who has been awarded more than $50,000 per annum in external operating funds may submit a request for less than $25,000, such that the total sum of operating funds received from all sources during the funding year, should the application to the Banting Research Foundation be successful, not exceed $75,000.)
The application must be accompanied by a letter of nomination from the applicant’s host department or division head that:
- confirms that all eligibility criteria have been met,
- details the operating and the institutional start-up funds available to the applicant, and
- confirms that the candidate has been provided the space and access to institutional infrastructure necessary to conduct the proposed research.
A department/division head will be permitted to nominate only one potential applicant during each annual granting cycle.
Please see the Discovery Award Guidelines for more information
up to $25,000
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
PI to email application and attachment PDF to: email@example.com
Paste the lay language summary and keywords of your research proposal into your email so that it can be distributed to potential reviewers and mail or courier the hard copy of your application to:
Banting Research Foundation
More information on this grant opportunity can be found on the Banting Research Foundation 2018 Discovery website
How to Apply
See the Application for instructions on how to submit the grant application and to access the BRF application form.