Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Foundation
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Biology and Biomedicine
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Climate Change
- Economics, Finance and Management
- Music and Opera
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize fundamental contributions in a broad array of areas of scientific knowledge, technology, humanities and artistic creation.
There are several award categories. Please refer to the BBVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards website for additional criteria.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number, that have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the nominees belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
- The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organizations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to scientific knowledge, cultural creation or the fight against climate change.
- Award recipients are required to attend the Frontier Awards formal presentation ceremony to be held during June 2021 in the Euskalduna Conference Centre, Bilbao, Spain.
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of 400,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of their eight categories.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this award, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to email@example.com by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR, signed by your ADR, which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the BBVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards website.
- an up-to-date CV for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable)
As this is an international prize, the University may engage the Global Excellence Initiative to coordinate external review of nominations.
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit a complete nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by the external deadline.