Canola Council of Canada (CCC)
Canadian Canola Research Cluster (2018-2023)
For More Information
Material for Canola Council of Canada: Canadian Canola Research Cluster (2018-2023) - Call for Letters of Intent
- Letter of Intent template
- Research Priorities
Background on CCC and details about this call for Letters of Intent (LOI) can be found on the Canola Council of Canada website
From 2010-2018, the canola industry and AAFC will have jointly invested close to $40 million in two canola research clusters funded under Growing Forward 1 and 2. This investment has been integral in helping the industry meet its goals, and has successfully addressed multiple industry-wide priorities. For more information on the development of the Next Policy Framework, please visit the AAFC website.
The Canola Council of Canada, along with Alberta Canola, SaskCanola and Manitoba Canola Growers Association, are looking to build on this success and propel the industry to the targets set in the strategic plan, 52 by 2025: Keep it Coming. A request for Letters of Intent (LOI) for possible inclusion in a third science cluster is underway.
Up to five years from April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2023
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please note that letters of intent must be submitted to the sponsor no later than Monday March 13, 2017 at 8:00am CDT which converts to 9:00am EST.
How to Apply
1. Expression of Interest
- LOI’s must be submitted on the appropriate template and must align with one of the research priority areas as described in the document: Canola Research Priorities for the Next Policy Framework (PDF).
- The deadline for submission of LOI’s is March 13, 2017 at 8:00 am CDT. LOI’s may be submitted by email to Lisa Campbell, Oil Nutrition Research Manager at email@example.com.
- Researchers are not required to submit their EOI to the Office of Research for approval before submission to the sponsor. Researchers are asked to send a copy of their EOI to to the Office of Research for information purposes only. An OR-5 is not required at the EOI stage. Researchers will be notified by the sponsor if they have been invited to submit a full proposal.
2. Full Proposal
- Only successful applicants will be notified and asked to provide a full research proposal for consideration. Those invited to submit a full proposal must submit their full proposal to the Office of Research two weeks in advance of the sponsor's deadline with a signed OR-5.
Information For Co-applicants
If you are part of an application or team that has been invited to submit a full proposal but are not the lead, please contact the Office of Research as soon as possible.