Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
For More Information
Hand-out to prepare for Canada Foundation for Innovation: Innovation Fund 2019
CFI seeks to support promising and innovative research or technology development in areas where Canada currently is, or has the potential to be, competitive on the global stage. It is currently anticipated that the next competition for CFI-IF will be launched in December 2018 for 2019 application. The University of Guelph is starting its review and selection process now to identify strong, competitive proposals as well as the support resources needed to move them forward. All interested parties are invited to submit an Expression of Interest as detailed in the How to Apply section below.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Expressions of interest will be evaluated by the RSSC for strength of the team, potential to achieve global leadership in an area of institutional priority, and appropriateness for the CFI-IF competition.
Project: (1 p)
- Describe the research project goals
- How is this research transformative?
- How does this research build on an institutional track record of achievements and investments?
Team: (1 p)
- Describe Project Director’s experience leading large-scale initiatives
- List up to 10 key participants (from UG and other institutions). For each participant indicate:
- Discipline-relevant indicator(s) to show research influence/impact. This could include, e.g. h-index; publication in high IF journals; contributions to policy; invited talks, patents, start-ups or commercialized outcomes.
- What s/he brings to this research project (why her/his expertise is necessary)
Infrastructure: (1 p)
- List major items of infrastructure with approximate budget (w/in $500K)
Partners: (1 p)
- List of potential partners (indicating which team member has connections to the partner)