Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
The Canadian Academy of Health Sciences brings together Canada’s top-ranked health and biomedical scientists and scholars to make a positive impact on the urgent health concerns of Canadians.
Fellows are drawn from all disciplines across Canada's universities, healthcare and research institutes, to evaluate Canada’s most complex health challenges and recommend strategic, actionable solutions.
Deadlines are anticipated. Information will be updated upon program launch.
- Fellows elected to the Academy will be health and biomedical science leaders who have achieved national and international peer recognition for their contributions to the health sciences (awards, invited lectures, invited reviews and editorials) and have a demonstrated track record of exceptional accomplishment and impact.
- Individuals working in government, NGO or private sectors are eligible if they have a stellar record of accomplishment in the public interest that attests to their ability to advance the mission and goals of CAHS.
- At the time of election, Fellows working in a university will normally hold the rank of Full Professor and those working in other sectors will normally have senior positions.
- At the time of election, Fellows must be either Canadian citizens or residents of Canada for the past three years, unless exceptional circumstances prompt the Board to rule otherwise.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to email@example.com by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the program website
- an up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for nominee; and
- A short letter or email from the Associate Dean (Research) or College Research Manager indicating the College's support for the nomination.
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit an OR-5 and a complete nomination by the external deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org