Ontario's Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) is launching this program under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) for Ontario organizations and collaborations on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative
For More Information
For additional information, please see the following links:
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership in Ontario
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association
The new Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative will allow organizations to apply for projects in key priority areas, including:
- Economic development in the agri-food and agri-products sectors
- Environmental stewardship to enhance water quality and soil health
- Protection and assurance to reinforce the foundation for public trust in the sector through improved assurance systems in food safety and plant and animal health
In addition, two new categories have been added to this program:
- Labour supply and training challenges
- Strategic Solutions, bold, high-impact projects that are expected to create a sector-wide benefit
The first application intake for the Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative will open on August 15, 2019 and remain open through September 27, 2019.
The second intake will open on January 6, 2020.
The program will include planned, predictable future intakes each year of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Full program details on the Place to Grow: Agri-food Innovation Initiative will be available in August 2019.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applications are accepted by OMAFRA on a rolling basis. If a U of G researcher will be participating, the Office of Research requests that they contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The Office of Research must receive all U of G required documents, including a signed OR-5 Form two weeks before the main applicant plans to submit the full proposal to OMAFRA.