Canadian Blood Services
The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides salary support on a competitive basis to highly qualified candidates in the field of blood transfusion and transplantation science in Canada. The value of each Fellowship is related to the major degree(s) and experience the applicant holds.
The proposed project for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program must be aligned with one or more of the research priorities identified below. Proposals that are not relevant to any of these priorities will not be considered for funding. Research Priorities:
- Promoting appropriate blood product utilization
- Ensuring an adequate blood product supply
- Minimizing the adverse effects of blood product transfusion
- Optimizing blood product quality
- Replacing or improving blood products through new therapies or technologies
- Applicants must not hold another salary or stipend award at the same time as the Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Applicants must hold a relevant prerequisite degree (Ph.D., M.D., D.D.S., or D.V.M.) from a recognized academic institution.
- Applicants must be within five (5) years of completing their prerequisite degree.
- Applicants’ proposed research must be relevant to one or more of the research priorities described in Section I of these Guidelines.
- Applicants must secure the sponsorship of a primary academic supervisor who is either a Canadian Blood Services Scientist/Investigator, a Canadian Blood Services Adjunct Scientist, or a Medical Officer/Director (see Appendix I for details).
- The applicant must not hold the Postdoctoral Fellowship with their Ph.D. supervisor.
- There is a limit of one Postdoctoral Fellowship awarded per laboratory per competition, and a maximum of two Postdoctoral Fellowship awards per laboratory at any one time.
Trainees with a PhD degree is $40,000 CDN (plus benefits) per annum and a one-time research allowance of $10,000.
Fellows may be supported for a maximum of three years.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit copy of application, supporting documents along with a complete OR5 form to: email@example.com