Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF)
Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Laureate - for outstanding leadership and contributions to medicine and the health sciences, in Canada or abroad, and/or have led to extraordinary improvements in human health.
Their work may be a single meritorious contribution or a lifetime of superior accomplishments. Pioneers in their field, they are considered role models who inspire young Canadians to pursue careers in the health sciences.
You must be nominated for this award. Categories for nominations include:
- Leadership in building excellence in health for Canadians and the world;
- Leadership in health promotion, illness, prevention and care; and
- Leadership in research with national and international recognition for a scientific contribution.
The CMHF acknowledges health leadership to be inclusive of many professions and roles including physicians, researchers, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, policy makers - to name only a few.
Up to six individuals may be selected for induction annually; only one individual may be inducted posthumously each year.
Induction into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
Organizations can serve as nominators but only individuals can be nominated.
Nominations may remain active for up to three consecutive selection processes and may be supplemented at any time. You must be re-nominated if you have received official notice that an application will not go forward, or after the three-year period ends.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
A nomination is required - you can be nominated by an individual or an organization.
The Vice-President (Research) will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to email@example.com by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria of the award;
- An up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) of the nominee (and co-applicants, if applicable); and
- A short letter or email from the Associate Dean (Research) or College Research Manager indicating the College's support for the nomination.
If you are being nominated by someone other than the VPR, please submit your application directly to the sponsor for the external deadline, ensuring a copy of the full application is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org