For More Information
Frequently Asked Questions:
CANARIE, a vital component of Canada’s digital research infrastructure (DRI) ecosystem supporting research, education and innovation, has announced two separate Calls for Proposals to fund software that supports the complete research workflow: data acquisition, storage, computation/processing, visualization, and data management.
The CANARIE funding announcement aims to strengthen Canadian leadership in research in two ways: by funding software development aimed at the reuse of existing research software platforms and by facilitating the reuse and management of research data.
- Research Software Program funding will support research teams who will adapt existing research platforms for re-use by new research teams.
- Research Data Management (RDM) Program funding will support collaborative interoperability and integration of data repositories and systems within Canadian and global digital research infrastructures (DRI).
Canadian research teams are invited to apply to one or both funding calls.
CANARIE will host two information webinars for each call to answer questions from applicants. Register for the webinar of your choice using the links below.
Research Software Program Funding Call
Detailed information on this call including eligibility requirements, project milestones, and application resources can be found at: canarie.ca/software/call3
- September 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rs-webinar1
- October 7, 2019 at 1:00 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rs-webinar2
Proposal submission deadline: November 28, 2019 – 1:00 pm ET
Research Data Management Program Funding Call
Detailed information on this call including eligibility requirements, project milestones, and application resources can be found at: canarie.ca/rdm/call2
- September 13, 2019 at 1:30 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rdm-webinar1
- September 20, 2019 at 1:00 pm ET | Register: canarie.ca/rdm-webinar2
Proposal submission deadline: October 29, 2019 – 1:00 pm ET
Research Software Program
Under this call up to $3.6 million in funding will be contributed to Canadian research teams to modify and maintain an existing software platform in order to meet the needs of at least five new research teams.
- The maximum funding available per project for new applicants (not funded under CANARIE Research Software Funding Call 2a or Call 2b) is $300K over 3 years
- The maximum funding available per project for applicants previously funded under CANARIE Research Software Funding Call 2a or Call 2b is $250K over 3 years
Research Data Management Program
This call will provide up to $2.0M of funding to projects for the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022. The maximum funding available per project is $700K.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Research Data Management proposal due to CANARIE.
Research Software Program proposal due to CANARIE.