CIHR Institute of Population and Public Health
The CIHR-IPPH Trailblazer Award in Population and Public Health Research is a career achievement award that recognizes exceptional contributions in the area of population and public health research. Recently, CIHR-IPPH launched their call for nominations for the third annual Trailblazers Awards. These awards recognize Canadian researchers at different career stages who have created a highly influential body of work that has had a substantial impact on the field of population and public health through leadership, innovation, and impact on policy and practice.
The Nominated Principal Applicant must be:
- An independent researcher.
- Be affiliated with an eligible institution (See Institutional Eligibility Requirements for eligibility process and associated timelines).
- Hold their primary academic appointment at a Canadian institution.
Additional and separate criteria within each of the three award categories can be found on the CIHR site.
There are three prizes available valued at $12,500 each (up to a maximum of $10,000 plus $2,500 for travel and accommodation expenses to a CIHR organized event), as follows:
- $12,500 is available to fund up to one early career population and public health researcher;
- $12,500 is available to fund up to one mid-career population and public health researcher; and
- $12,500 is available to fund up to one senior career population and public health researcher.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Detailed instructions on how to apply can be found on the CIHR-IPPH call for nominations site.
For More Information
Office of Research: Laurie Gallinger, Strategic Programs Officer, Email: email@example.com, Phone: x.56927
CIHR-IPPH: Ariane Klassen, Communications Specialist, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 416-736-2100 ext. 20714