The Canadian Pain Society (CPS)
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the program's websites for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The Canadian Pain Society (CPS) in partnership with Pfizer Canada is pleased to offer the Early Career Investigator Pain Research Grant Program. This grant will provide operating funds for early career researchers who recently entered a faculty position at a Canadian academic institution (University or Health Centre). This program aims to support operating costs of research and allow early career investigators to conduct pilot or preliminary research that can be used as the basis for a tri-council grant submission.
Applications will be considered for innovative research in either basic, clinical or translational science in any of the following areas:
• Mechanisms and management of chronic pain
• Transition from acute to chronic pain
• Hold a PhD, MD, PharmD, DMD/DDS or DVM with advanced training in research
• Hold or have accepted an offer of a Faculty appointment at an eligible Canadian academic institution at the time of application. The official start date must be no later than June 1, 2020.
• Be within 5 years of initiating their career as an independent investigator
• Be a current member of the Canadian Pain Society (click here to join CPS today).
Note: Applicants who have received a major operating grant as Principal or Co-Principal Investigator (e.g. Tri Council funding, NIH, etc), that provides yearly support equal to or greater than the CPS/Pfizer Early Career Research Grant (i.e. $50,000/year) are no longer eligible to apply.
Maximum Project Value
• $50,000 per grant
• One (1) complimentary Three (3) Day Scientific Meeting registration
• One (1) Complimentary Awards Gala ticket to the annual reception and dinner on Thursday, May 21, 2020 where the award will be presented
Applicant to complete and submit on line application
• All documents must be combined and uploaded into one PDF file and cannot exceed 30 MB.
• Applications exceeding the page limits will not be considered.
|application instructions||245.69 KB|