Cancer Research Society
The Cancer Research Society is pleased to announce the launch of its 2018 Scholarships for the Next Generation of Scientists competition, an initiative aiming at supporting future generations of Canadian researchers. The Scholarship is broken down into two parts, and extends over a period of three years, with no possibility for renewal.
Part 1: One year $40,000
The one-year postdoctoral salary award are for a candidate finishing his/her fellowship. The candidate must have completed at least two (2) years of postdoctoral training when he/she will accept the salary award on September 1st .
* Possibility of extending Part 1 of this award for a maximum period of six months. See below for details.
Part 2: Two years $120,000
($60,000 / year)
The operating grant is awarded once the candidate has obtained a faculty position at a recognized Canadian institution. This grant is for a maximum of two years.
IMPORTANT: Applying for only one part of the award is prohibited.
- Each candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident for the entire scholarship (parts 1 and 2) and must be residing in Canada at the starting date of part 2 of the scholarship (operating grant). Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- Each candidate must be registered as a postdoctoral fellow in a university or accredited institution and must commit to starting work as a researcher in a university or accredited Canadian institution between January 1, 2019 and March 1, 2020.
- A research associate who wishes to pursue a career as an independent investigator may also be eligible to apply.
- The candidate must make the commitment to devote at least 75% of his or her time to research (full time). The candidate must also demonstrate his or her capacity or potential to be a competitive researcher at the provincial, national, and international levels.
- Applicants whose postdoctoral training may have been delayed due to extenuating circumstances are invited to contact the Cancer Research Society to determine their eligibility.
- Candidates doing post-doctoral training in the same department in which they received their doctorate degree or accepting an academic position in the same institution in which they did their post-doctoral training may be disqualified for an award.
Maximum Project Value
Part 1: $40,000
Part 2: $60,000 each year up to $120,000
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit a copy of application along with a complete OR5 form to: email@example.com
Applicant has two options for submitting their application.
More information on this funding opportunity can be found on the CRS website.