For More Information
For additional information, please visit the Diabetes Canada website for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
Diabetes Canada is proud to be a leading supporter of diabetes research in Canada. The End Diabetes Fund supports research to enhance our understanding of diabetes and its prevention, treatment, management and cure. Diabetes Canada accepts funding proposals from all four pillars of health research, to ensure that we are funding the best in biomedical, clinical, health services and/or population health research to improve the lives of people living with or at risk of diabetes and its complications.
The objective of the End Diabetes 2023 Awards are:
- To support researchers in the discovery of the biomedical, clinical, health services and/or population health factors that lead to the onset and progression of all types of diabetes and related complications.
- To develop solutions aimed at the prevention, management and finding a cure(s) for diabetes and its complications.
- To address challenges in diabetes health services and design and implement solutions that improve healthcare delivery, health policies and access to care for all communities and populations affected by diabetes.
The Nominated Principal Applicant must be an independent researcher. The Nominated Principal Applicant and Co-Applicant(s) must have an academic or research appointment with an eligible Canadian institution.
The Nominated Principal Applicant on an End Diabetes 2023 Award is not eligible to apply for or hold more than one End Diabetes Award from Diabetes Canada at any time. Partnered grants awarded with another funder are not included in this limit.
funding for approximately 20 awards
Maximum Project Value
$100,000 per year to a max of $300,000 total
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit a copy of application, routing slip and signature page along with an OR5 form to: email@example.com
How to Apply
To begin your application:
- Log into ResearchNet:
- From the home screen select Find Funding Opportunities (upper left-hand menu)
- When the menu expands select Apply for Funding
- In the list navigate to Operating Grant - End Diabetes 2023 Award
- Select the Apply to this Opportunity link
- Please ensure you also review the Funding Opportunity Details for full details on the 2023 application criteria and policies.
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).
|2023 Research Competition Guide||333.97 KB|