French Embassy of Canada
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the program's websites for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The Embassy of France in Canada is launching the 3rd edition of its Mourou/Strickland Mobility Program. This program is intended for French and Canadian researchers (Quebec excluded as there are specific programs between France and the Quebec Government) who wish to spend a short stay (3 to 28 days) with their counterparts, either in France or in Canada, as part of a joint research project.
Research stays may include, but are not limited to: meetings/research on joint project, meetings for a first contact for future collaboration, work on co-publications, participation in French-Canadian (not international) conferences or seminars, etc.
- Researchers who have obtained a tenure-track or permanent position for less than 10 years, which corresponds approximately and not exclusively to the 35-45 age group.
French candidates: Be attached to an institute, laboratory, university or research organization based in France.
Canadian candidates: be attached to a Canadian institution, university or research organization outside Quebec (Quebec already has specific programs with France).
- Candidates have never received a grant under the Mourou/Strickland mobility program or the "new collaborations" program of the France Canada Research Fund.
- Candidates should not apply for the "new collaborations" program of the France Canada Research Fund in the same year.
Plan a stay of between 3 and 28 days. Travel must take place before December 31st, 2020.
Maximum Project Value
- 1 round-trip economy-class flight Canada- France or France-Canada
- A contribution towards subsistence costs (maximum 3 daily allowances)
You will find the application form and instructions on our France Canada Culture website:
In English: https://tinyurl.com/mourou-strickland-2020-EN
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.