Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
Review the applicant guide for information and requirements to apply for project funding through the Climate Action Fund.
The Climate Action Fund will provide up to $3 million in funding to increase action and awareness on climate change and climate change initiatives driven by, or in support of students, youth, Indigenous peoples and organizations, research, academic, and educational institutions, and small and medium-sided enterprises. Successful proposals can receive a maximum of $200,000 - $500,000.
Eligible projects will support:
- Education, training, and tools
- Outreach and promotion
- Networking and partnering
- Full-time Canadian students including undergraduate, graduate, or post-doctoral students registered at a Canadian college or university
- Canadian youth between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive)
- Research, academic and educational institutions
- Indigenous peoples and organizations
- Canadian small and medium-sized businesses with less than 500 employees
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations such as non-governmental organizations, professional space,industry, community, and student/youth club associations
- Industry and/or trade associations
Successful proposals can receive a maximum of:
- $500,000: all eligible recipients (except for-profit entities)
- $200,000: for-profit entities
Projects must start in the current fiscal year and the project duration cannot exceed two fiscal years. A fiscal year is defined as the period from April 1 to March 31.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicants will submit their application form by email to ECCC.