Food from Thought and the Arrell Food Institute.
Agri-Food Excellence Symposium at the University of Guelph, June 24-26, 2019.
Food from Thought and the Arrell Food Institute are pleased the announce the launch of the Infographic Poster Competition being held as part of the Agri-Food Excellence Symposium at the University of Guelph, June 24-26, 2019.
Audiences at this event are expected to be senior industry executives, senior government and policy personnel, leaders in research and science, academics, and not-for-profits, among others.
Any University of Guelph graduate students and post-doctoral fellows doing work in areas related to Food from Thought and Arrell Food Institute research are eligible applicants.
- Graduate students can be at any stage of their graduate research (new or advanced);
- Applicants are welcome to reuse existing posters or concepts provided they meet, or are modified to meet, Competition criteria;
- Only those invited to Stage Two are eligible to receive a prize;
- Applicants may win only one Infographic Poster Competition prize;
- Applicants must be available to attend the Welcome Reception on June 24 (6-9pm) and the Symposium Dinner on June 25;
Applications at Stage One will be assessed on research excellence and links to the Food from Thought and Arrell Food Institute research.
Stage Two applicants will be assessed on Infographic content, design, messaging, and research excellence.
In addition to top networking opportunities and bragging rights, prizes will be awarded in two competition categories:
- Research Excellence Award: 1st Prize ($400); 2nd Prize ($200), 3rd Prize ($100).
- People's Choice Award ($400).
Winners of the Research Excellence Award will be selected by a Symposium judge’s panel and the winner of the People's Choice Award will be selected by Symposium attendees' silent, anonymous vote during the Welcome Reception on June 24. Winners will be announced at the Symposium Dinner on June 25.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicants selected to advance to Stage Two of the competition are to submit their Infographic Posters directly to the Food from Thought email (email@example.com). Late submissions will not be accepted.
Final copies of Infographic Posters for display and judging are to be submitted to the Food from Thought email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than midnight on June 14. Late submissions will not be accepted.
How to Apply
The competition is a two-stage process:
- Stage One:
- Applicants submit an Infographic Poster Abstract application form;
- Applications will be scored by a Symposium judging panel and selected applicants (up to a maximum of 30) will be invited to the stage two of the competition;
- Applicants who will be advancing to stage two of the competition will be notified by Food from Thought with additional information by the end of day on May 27th*.
- Stage Two:
- Infographic Posters submitted are to be 48” wide x 36” tall;
- Feedback will be provided to applicants on their Infographic Posters by 4:00pm on June 13;
- Final copies of Infographic Posters for display and judging are to be submitted;
- Printing of the Infographic Posters will be arranged and paid for by Food from Thought;
- Food from Thought will make arrangements to display the Infographic Posters at the Symposium;
- Infographic Posters will be judged at the Welcome Reception on June 24, 6-9pm, and prizes will be awarded at the Symposium dinner on June 25. Applicants invited to Stage Two must be present at both events.
*Those invited to Stage Two will be invited to attend an Infographic Workshop being held on May 29 (1-2pm) to assist with the preparation of Infographic Posters. Attendance is not mandatory but strongly encouraged to increase an applicant’s chance of success.
|Symposium_Infographic contest call for abstracts V5.pdf||1.04 MB|
|Competition Details.pdf||189.31 KB|
|Infographic Poster Competiton Abstract Application Form.doc||177.5 KB|