France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF)
Open to ALL research fields and encouraging interdisciplinarity.
FOCUS on research related to artificial intelligence - Of all the projects to be funded this year, the FCRF will finance 5 projects on this theme.
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the program's websites for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The New Scientific Collaboration Support Program aims to accomplish the following objectives:
- Support developing new expert partnerships between France and Canada,
- Promote the advancement of research and innovation,
- Prepare and structure scientific cooperation between the two countries,
- Promote researcher mobility, particularly for young researchers, and
- Provide research training for young researchers.
This program provides financing for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before. Submitted proposals must be joint projects between a French institution (all universities, Grandes Écoles, and research organizations are eligible) and one of the 20 FCRF’s Canadian member universities.
Requests to renew previously awarded FCRF financing will not be accepted.
Criteria of eligibility:
- The research projects of the selected applicant must be part of the Franco-Canadian research project preselected by the FCRF’s Canadian member universities.
- The selected applicant must hold Canadian citizenship.
- The applicant’s research projects must make positive contributions to the vitality of scientific cooperation between France and Canada.
Only projects involving collaboration between researchers who have never worked together will be taken into consideration.
Maximum Project Value
$8,000 to $15,000, according to the needs expressed by the principal investigators.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit a copy of the application along with a complete OR5 form to: email@example.com
Please note: A maximum of five pre-selected proposals can be submitted per Canadian University to the Embassy of France in Canada (if more than 5 submissions from the University of Guelph, applications will be adjudicated).
Applicant: Applications must be submitted electronically to the to the Embassy of France’s Scientific Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc'd to the FCRF correspondent at U of Guelph (Grants Officer email@example.com).
Note: File names –a SINGLE PDF- must begin with the surname of the lead French researcher, followed by the surname of the lead Canadian researcher (ex: name_name.pdf).
Teams not selected in previous years who wish to apply on the same project must inform the French Embassy at the time of sending the new application (within the limit of only one 2nd application).
More information about this opportunity, please visit 2020 France Canada Research Fund website