GIST Sarcoma Life Raft Group Canada
Glenita Mungcal GIST Research Award 2019
GIST Sarcoma Life Raft Group Canada (LRGC) raises funds to provide services and programs for GIST patients and their caregivers. Their summer research program was started in 2015, recognizing the generous donations made to their Group in memory of Glenita Mungcal by her family and friends.
- Directly relevant to the treatment of GIST; basic, translational, or clinical research projects will be considered;
- Made by a principal investigator, who will normally hold a faculty appointment at a Canadian university; and
- Made on behalf of a designated trainee who is studying towards, for example, an M.D. degree at a Canadian medical school or a four-year B.Sc. (or equivalent) degree at a Canadian university. GIST LRGC will also consider applications for funds to supplement the research costs of supporting a post-doctoral fellow, medical resident, or other trainee.
GIST Sarcoma Life Raft Group Canada welcomes applications which intend to use the funds to “kick-start” subsequent applications to agencies such as NSERC, CIHR, or CCSRI.
- Application Grading Criteria:
- Medical/scientific quality of the project
- Likelihood of benefit to the treatment of GIST
- Qualifications and experience of the principal investigator
- Qualifications of the student
- Quality of the research environment
Maximum Project Value
$7,500 grant to the Supervisor's Trust Fund
Funds must be used in 2019. If a summer student is to be supported, the minimum appointment is 15 weeks.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Lead Applicant to submit full application (including the fully signed OR-5 as institutional approval) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their proposal by March 15, 2019.
How to Apply
- Two letters of reference for the trainee from faculty members other than the P.I.
- In the case of a student trainee, confirmation of enrollment, including an up-to-date transcript.
- The Curriculum Vitae of the P.I.; use of the “Canadian Common CV” or similar standard templates is encouraged.
- Budget – A brief statement of the proposed expenditures.
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).
|GIST Research 2019 - Request for Proposals||157.71 KB|