Governor General's Innovation Award
The Federation of Humanities and Social Sciences has been invited to nominate outstanding candidates for the 2019 Governor General’s Innovation Awards and welcomes recommendations from universities.
The Governor General’s Innovation Awards are given to individuals, teams and/or organizations whose innovations are:
- Truly exceptional;
- Transformative; and
- Positive in their impact on quality of life in Canada.
The Federation seeks recommendations for nominees in the disciplines of Humanities and Social Sciences.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please contact your Associate Dean of Research and College Research Manager.
How to Apply
Contact your Associate Dean of Research and College Research Manager to indicate your interest in this opportunity or to recommend a colleague.
The university will submit recommendations to the Federation of Humanities and Social Sciences on September 14, 2018.
A recommendation will consist of a short description (1,200 words maximum) explaining how the nominee meets the following award criteria:
- Extent to which the individual, team or organization has shown initiative and leadership to be agents of change in addressing a current issue about which they are passionate.
- Creative use of new knowledge and/or technology to develop ideas aimed at addressing contemporary social, economic or cultural challenges and solving real-world problems.
- Evidence of the successful implementation of these ideas, resulting in a positive impact beyond the nominee's own community or organization.
- The degree to which the nominee and the activities undertaken have demonstrated inspiration, creativity, collaboration, risk-taking and problem-solving.
For More Information
Please visit the program's website.