Thursday September 20, 2018 3:30pm to 4:45pm
Greenbelt Fund will host a webinar in collaboration with the Wallace Center’s National Good Food Network initiative focused on “matchmaking” within local food value chains.
Presenters from very different contexts – non-profit and for profit – will illuminate the art of successful matchmaking within these local food value chains, enabling critical skills and techniques for effective matchmaking and tracking connections. Learn how to keep relationships strong and trusting by analyzing unsuccessful match attempts and knowing what to look for in a potential match.
- Illustration of local food value chain coordination as high value (low cost, high impact) activity
- Critical skills and techniques for effective matchmaking
- What to look for in a potential match
- Challenges and pitfalls of matchmaking
- How to track connections
- How to manage several relationships
Panelists: Allison Blansfield (SweetGreen), Jay McGhee (FamilyFarmed), Rebecca Dunning (NC State University), and Sarah Fritschner (Organic Association of Kentucky)