Heart & Stroke Foundation
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the Heart & Stroke website for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
See attached WPDRA Guidelines.
As part of the commitment to transform women’s heart and brain health, Heart & Stroke is launching the 2024/25 Heart & Stroke Postdoctoral Personnel Awards for Women’s Heart and/or Brain Health. The objective of the competition is to increase the number of researchers and clinician-scientists in Canadian universities and research institutions devoted specifically to women’s heart and/or brain health and, in so doing, expand research initiatives in this field. In the context of this award, heart and/or brain health research refers to research addressing heart conditions, stroke, and vascular cognitive impairment. The stipends awarded will enable Postdoctoral Fellows to pursue their program of research and engage with mentors as part of their training.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must propose a research project that seeks to build knowledge on women’s heart and/or brain health.
- The applicant’s institution must provide a signature committing to contribute at least the same monetary amount per year as Heart & Stroke’s contribution towards the postdoctoral stipend should the applicant be successful. The signature must be from an individual with signing authority for the institution. The applicant must upload the Signatures Page to CIRCUlink as part of the submission package (see section B.10.2 of the WPDRA Guidelines).
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or Protected Persons under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) as of the application deadline date.
- Applicants must hold or be completing either (i) a PhD or (ii) a regulated health professional degree.
- At the time of submission, applicants must either (i) have a position as a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow or Clinical Fellow at an eligible Canadian institution; or (ii) have applied for the position of full-time Postdoctoral Fellow or Clinical Fellow at an eligible Canadian institution with a start date of no later than December 31, 2024.
- Clinical Fellows must be in a research stream.
- Applicants may not hold, or be on leave from, an independent research position.
- Applicants must have an identified research supervisor based at an eligible Canadian institution where the research will be undertaken.
- Applicants must submit, from the institution, a Statement of Acceptance as written evidence of being accepted as a Postdoctoral Fellow or Clinical Fellow prior to funds being released.
Total of up to $600,000 CAD
Maximum Project Value
$30,000 per year up to a maximum of $60,000 per grant
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant: Applications must be submitted online using Heart & Stroke online research programs portal - CIRCUlink
Once applicants login to CIRCUlink, they will see the components of the application laid out on a left-side menu. For some components applicants will type their responses directly into the web fields supplied. For other components, applicants will use the ATTACHMENT LIST option to upload the required PDF attachments.
|WPDRA Guidelines||487.2 KB|