Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance
Highly Qualified Personnel Scholarship Program
An information session for the Highly Qualified Personnel Scholarship Program will take place Friday, February 7, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in UC 441.
The Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program provides scholarships for Masters and Doctoral students working in specific program areas related to agri-food.
The HQP Scholarship Program is designed to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector. The health of these sectors depends on a vibrant talent pool of skilled, forward-thinking leaders.
The HQP Scholarship Program is a program of the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance, with additional financial support provided by Food from Thought. The Alliance and Food from Thought are dedicated to supporting advanced skill development and learning to enhance the intellectual capacity of our citizens to solve current and future problems.
For further information about this call and how to apply, please visit the Alliance website and consult the HQP Scholarship Program Guide.
Full Proposals are due by 1:00pm on February 20, 2020.
The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance is a collaboration between the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and the University of Guelph. Food from Thought is a research program at the University of Guelph funded in part by a grant from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund.
The HQP Scholarship Program provides financial support for students entering a University of Guelph graduate program or students enrolled in a University of Guelph graduate program. In-course applicants must be in semesters 1, 2, or 3 of their graduate program when applying.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have a minimum GPA of A- (>80%) or equivalent;
- be entering your first semester of a Master's (thesis-based) or Doctoral program at the University of Guelph OR be in semesters one, two or three of a Master's (thesis-based) or Doctoral program at the University of Guelph;
- have a University of Guelph faculty advisor confirmed;
- not be an OMAFRA employee; and
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR. A major award is considered a funding source that is awarded across the full program.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Program information session will take place February 7, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in UC 441.
Application deadline is February 20, 2020 by 1:00 p.m.