L'Oreal Corporate Foundation and UNESCO
Created in 1998, the L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards honours - every year - 5 eminent women scientists from 5 regions of the world.
The scientific fields considered for the awards alternate every other year between Life Sciences (even years) and Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science (odd years).
The 2022 award will designate five outstanding researchers in the field of Life Sciences.
For more information visit the L'Oreal -UNESCO For Woman in Science International Awards website.
Program details and timeline are not yet confirmed. This information will be updated when the program launches.
To be considered eligible for an award, the candidate must be nominated by an eminent scientist, such as heads of scientific institutions, members of national science academies or other national scientific institutions, research chairs, professors, etc. At a minimum, qualified nominators, must be holders of a Ph.D. The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her personal scientific excellence among the international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Be involved in any field of the Physical sciences, Mathematics and Computer science,
- Not be directly or personally involved in the For Women in Science Programme, as a jury member or otherwise, in any country.
Self-nominations are not eligible.
An award of €100,000 is given to each of the five laureates selected by a jury of internationally renowned experts.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this award, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to email@example.com by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR, signed by your ADR, which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the L'Oreal - UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards website.
- an up-to-date CV for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable)
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit a complete nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org by the external deadline.
Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online dedicated platform: L'Oreal - UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards under "Nominate a Candidate".
For more information, contact email@example.com.