The Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship recognizes innovative, promising new faculty, whose exceptional talent for research and innovation identifies them as emerging leaders in their fields.
Full eligibility criteria and nomination guidelines can be found on the Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship website.
Candidates for the fellowship must:
- Be full-time faculty at a degree-granting college or university in North America or South America.
- Faculty must have received their terminal degree (e.g., PhD, DSc) in May 2017 or later.
- Currently conducting research, advising graduate students, and teaching in a classroom.
- Proposed research must be closely related to the general research areas carried out by Microsoft.
Research areas carried out by Microsoft can be found on the Microsoft Research website.
The recipient(s) of the award will receive $100,000 USD paid to the university.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this prestigious award, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR, signed by your ADR, which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship website.
- An up-to-date CV for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable)
As this is an international prize, the University may engage the Global Excellence Initiative to coordinate external review of nominations.
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit a complete nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com by the external deadline.