For More Information
Accelerate Fellowship Program Site
The Mitacs Accelerate Fellowship provides a long-term funding and internship option for Master’s and PhD students. Recipients can also access professional development training that helps them ensure project success and gain in-demand career skills. Students work closely with a partner organization and faculty supervisor, using the latest tools and techniques available to them in both academic and industrial settings. Projects are a cost-shared model with Mitacs, through the support of federal and provincial government, matching the industry partners or non-for-profit (NFP) organizations dollar for dollar.
The expectations for the internships are as follows:
- Spend 50% of the internship with the university and 50% with the partner organization
- Submit a final report and exit survey summarizing project results and experiences
- Follow the Accelerate Code of Conduct
Interested applicants can apply for the Accelerate Fellowship at any time. All other Accelerate program guidelines apply.
- Full-time grad students at all Canadian universities
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international students
- All academic disciplines
- Businesses and not-for-profit organizations
Maximum Project Value
- Total Research Award: $40,000 - Master's; $80,000 - PhD
- Minimum Intern Stipend: $30,000 - Master's; $72,000 ($24,000 per year) - PhD
- Partner Organization Contribution: $18,000 - Master's; $36,000 - PhD
18 months - Master's; 36 months - PhD
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
There is a rolling intake of applications. Applicants must submit signed OR-5 form (supervisor) along with full application including signed memorandum to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant submits full application including signed memorandum directly to Mitacs representative. The submission must be planned at least six to eight weeks in advance of the proposed internship start date.
How to Apply
For more information or to start an application, contact the Mitacs representative listed under "Contact Information".