For More Information
Please visit the Canadian Science Policy Fellowship.
The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship is now accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a 12-month policy project with a Canadian government host office. Applicants can apply to up to six approved projects in their area(s) of interest.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Faculty members at Canadian universities or PhD graduates
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents (applicants are responsible for confirming their eligibility for individual projects)
- Able to negotiate a leave of absence from their university or employer, as applicable
The 2018 cohort of fellowships will begin in September 2018. Approved fellows receive remuneration from their host offices and professional development training and networking events facilitated by Mitacs.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
- Potential fellows review and select the projects and submit their applications to Mitacs between January 4, 2018 and March 4, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted through the fellow web form.
- One letter of support should address comments around the quality of your research work and experience. The other letter should focus more on your suitability for the program (for example, leadership experience and potential, communication skills, capacity to make connections between scientific research and broader economic, social, or political issues).
- If your references wish to submit their letters of support directly, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org (by March 4, 2018). If you choose this option, ensure your references are aware of the deadline so that your application is complete and eligible for consideration.