For More Information
Mitacs Career Connect provides meaningful work experience for young graduates while helping companies find the talent they need to grow their business. Mitacs currently has opportunities for projects that aim to protect the environment, create positive environmental outcomes, or address an environmental or climate change-related challenge.
Interns must be:
- Degree or diploma post-secondary graduates
- Between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the placement
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas)
- Not receiving employment insurance benefits during the placement
- Not a current or former employee of the organization
- Not immediately related to the organization supervisor, or the company’s director(s) and senior officer(s)
- Not a previous participant in a Career Focus Internship of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy
- Be sole proprietorships; for-profit organizations; provincial, territorial, regional, or municipal governments; post-secondary institutions; non-governmental organizations; or Indigenous organizations
- Provide a full-time paid work placement for six months
- Establish and follow processes for intern supervision
- Pay the approved intern salary per six-month placement
- Offer a full-time six-month placement in a STEM field, with a focus on protecting the environment, creating positive environmental outcomes, or addressing an environmental or climate change challenge. Opportunities in the following areas are currently supported:
- Natural resource sectors, including energy, forests, minerals and metals, and earth sciences
- Climate change categories, including but not limited to:
- green manufacturing
- carbon and climate change mitigation
- energy efficiency and green building
- green services
- renewable/green energy
- resource conservation
- environmental protection
- alternative/sustainable transportation
- sustainable planning/urban design
- green retail
Placements valued at $20,000 to $25,000, subsidized by Mitacs at 50%.
Maximum Project Value
Mitacs is currently welcoming submissions until December 14, 2018. Six month placements must start no later than January 1, 2019.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicants must submit signed OR-5 form (supervisor) along with full application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their full proposal as soon as possible as applications will be accepted and awarded by Mitacs on a first come, first served basis. Please submit your full application, along with signed OR-5, one week prior to your intended submission to Mitacs.
Applicant must submit full application and supporting documents through the Mitacs Career Connect portal
How to Apply
Full application submissions must include the following completed and submitted forms through the Mitacs Career Connect portal. Please also see the Mitacs Checklist for further information.