The Mitacs Globalink Research Award supports international research collaboration. Special research funding is available for graduate students with uncertain status in their current location, to conduct research at a Canadian university.
- Must be registered for full-time studies at a foreign institution throughout their Globalink Research Award
- Must be the legal age of majority in Canada (18 years of age or older)
- Applicants must describe the exceptional circumstances they are experiencing and the impact on their study or research.
Host supervising professors:
- Must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students and hold Tri-Council funding
Home supervising professors:
- Must be recognized faculty members at their institutions
- Must be eligible to supervise graduate students
$5,000 award from Mitacs to support student travel and accommodation expenses, research-related expenses, and student stipend.
Note: Mitacs is not responsible for costs incurred before an application is approved.
12-24 week project at a Canadian university supervised by Canadian faculty
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Note: Applications are accepted at any time and will be processed as received. Please submit the application package to the Office of Research at least two weeks prior to the intended submission date to Mitacs.
The supervisor will submit a signed OR-5 form along with the complete application (including signature page) to Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the student applicant on the submission to Research Services.
The applicant submits complete application by email as a PDF document to Mitacs. Please submit the application to Mitacs at least four to six weeks in advance of when the intended placement will commence.
How to Apply
- Please contact Mitacs at email@example.com to obtain further details on what types of placements will be eligible, the application process, and required documentation. Potential applicants or host faculty are encouraged to discuss their needs with a Mitacs representative prior to applying.
- Applications will be accepted by Mitacs on a rolling intake basis.