Globalink Research Internship
For More Information
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, Tunisia, United Kingdom, and Ukraine. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Globalink Cycle and Important Dates
- April to June 2019: Professors submit research projects to Mitacs. All accepted projects are made available to student applicants in an online database. Professor project proposals are due June 5, 2019, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2020 Globalink Research Internships.
- July to September 2019: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications
- October to December 2019: Mitacs provides professors with proposed student candidates for their project, including application details, statement of research interests, CV, transcripts, and references. Professors are then encouraged to contact or interview the suggested students and provide feedback to Mitacs.
- January to April 2020: Professors and their accepted student(s) arrange pre-internship details (e.g., reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.
- May to September 2020: Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.