The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for international undergraduates from the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Mexico, Tunisia, United Kingdom, USA, and Ukraine. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Globalink Cycle and Important Dates
- April to June 2020: Professors submit research projects to Mitacs. All accepted projects are made available to student applicants in an online database. Professor project proposals are due June 10, 2020, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2021 Globalink Research Internships.
- July to September 2020: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications.
- October to December 2020: Mitacs provides professors with proposed student candidates for their project. Mitacs collects students and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in January.
- January to April 2021: Successful students start working with their Canadian host professors to arrange pre-internship details (e.g. reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.
- May to October 2021: Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information on the program and how to apply, please visit their website.