Morris Animal Foundation
For More Information
For full details on the program and eligibility criteria, please visit the Morris Animal Foundation Grants web-page. The program guidelines can be accessed through the the Morris Animal Foundation Submission site.
Morris Animal Foundation is now accepting proposals for studies focused on limb-sparing treatments for osteosarcoma in Saint Bernards and other giant-breed dogs. This grant is being funded by Dr. Fay Cho, a long-time lover of Saint Bernards, in memory of Biscotti, a beloved dog she lost to osteosarcoma. Working closely with the Foundation, Cho chose to direct funds to research aimed at improving the success of limb-sparing treatment options for Saint Bernards and other giant breeds.
Competitive applicants will have a previous record of research and publication in canine oncology with evidence of access to sufficient populations of Saint Bernards and other giant-breed dogs diagnosed with appendicular osteosarcoma.osteosarcoma.
Maximum Project Value
The studies must be limited to three years in duration and budgets cannot exceed $150,000 USD.
Important Updates to Morris Animal Foundation’s Grant Application Process
- As of November 2019, Morris Animal Foundation has begun using a new grant application and management software called Fluxx. All past, current and new grant applicants will need to create a new account to access past grant information and submit new applications. Visit Fluxx to create your account and submit an application.
- Both the Principal Investigator and the individual submitting the application (if different from the Principal Investigator) must create an account before applying for funding.
- Your account must be reviewed and validated by Morris Animal Foundation, which may take up to two business days, so please plan ahead.
- For details on how to create an account and submit an application, view the Fluxx applicant user guide.
- Morris Animal Foundation’s grant guidelines have recently changed. Proposals not adhering to guidelines will be rejected.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Morris Animal Foundation Submission site. All applicants are required to register by creating a login at this site. The individual submitting the application must be the Applicant/Principal Investigator. For detailed program information, please visit the Morris Animal Foundation Grants web-page.