This session, coordinated by Research Services Office (RSO) in collaboration with NSERC-eligible Colleges, will provide helpful advice and tips on preparing your NSERC Discovery Grants (DG) application. Panelists include NSERC DG Peer Review Committee Members from recent competitions. The Q&A session will leave plenty of time to ensure your questions are answered.
The virtual session will be hosted via Microsoft Teams and we request that you register in advance to receive a Calendar invite: Registration Link.
2:00 pm Welcome by RSO and Dr. Beverley Hale, Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, NSERC Leader for University of Guelph.
2:05 pm Program Overview and RSO Deadlines – Vanessa Knox, Awards and Agreements Officer, RSO
2:15 pm Insights from NSERC DG Peer Review Panel Members:
- Dr. Kari Dunfield, Professor and CRC Tier 2, Environmental Sciences (1506 – Geosciences)
- Dr. David Mutch, Professor, Human Health and Nutritional Sciences (1501 – Genes, Cells and Molecules)
- Dr. Sarah Wootton, Associate Professor, Pathobiology (1501 – Genes, Cells and Molecules)
- Dr. John Cant, Professor, Animal Biosciences (1502 – Biological Systems and Functions)
- Dr. Kathryn Preuss, Professor, Department Chair and Research Leadership Chair, Chemistry (1504 – Chemistry)
2:45 pm Q&A Session with all panelists, moderated by Dr. Beverley Hale
3:45 pm Closing Remarks by RSO
For questions, please contact Vanessa Knox, Awards and Agreements Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).