Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) and Food from Thought
The HQP Scholarship Program, supported by OMAFRA and Food from Thought, provides financial support for students entering or within the first year of an established graduate program at the University of Guelph. The student’s research must be related to the Agri-Food or Rural sectors. Academic studies will be governed by the guidelines and regulations of the student’s home department.
To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have an A- (80%) average or better
- be entering your first semester of either a Master's (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph or be in semesters one, two, or three of your graduate studies with research related to the agri-food or rural sectors;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
- Annual: $20,000 (M.Sc.) or $25,000 (PhD.); Total: $40,000 (M.Sc.) or $75,000 (PhD.)
- In-course applicants are eligible for up to three semesters (1 year) of M.Sc. funding or six semesters (2 years) for PhD.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
- Students apply on-line using the web-based Research Management System
- The two-part application form is completed by the student and their faculty advisor.
- The faculty advisor must be confirmed at the time of application.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a user name and password
- More program information on the HQP website
|2019 HQP Scholarship Program Guide||762.01 KB|