Given the global response to the COVID-19 health emergency and specific actions being taken by the Canadian, Ontario and Toronto governments, Ontario Genomics is taking the following proactive measures to reduce the potential spread of the virus, prioritizing the health and safety of their staff and the broader community:
- All Ontario Genomics staff are working from home until April 3
- All in-person workshops and meetings currently scheduled are moving online or have been postponed until further notice. If you have a meeting or event scheduled, Ontario Genomics will coordinate with you to develop an alternative arrangement.
- Ontario Genomics are no longer scheduling face-to-face meetings at their office and will instead be setting up virtual meetings and teleconference calls, where appropriate.
- All business travel has been suspended.
- The Canada SynBio 2020 Organizing Committee has postponed the Canada SynBio 2020 conference originally planned for June 3, 2020, in Montreal. The committee are currently working to find a new date and hope to communicate the details in the near future.