Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade (MEDJCT)
Ontario Research Fund - Research Excellence
For More Information
Please refer to the Ontario Research Fund - Research Excellence program webpage.
The Ontario Research Fund – Research Excellence (ORF-RE) provides research institutions with funding to support the operational costs of major projects of strategic value to the province.
The fund provides up to one third of the total value of a project, with the remaining two thirds coming from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
Maximum Project Value
ORF-RE Round 10 has two application funding tiers:
- Tier 1. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $200,000 to $1,000,000
- Tier 2. Open to all disciplines
Funds projects from $1,000,001 to $4,000,000
40% (must be included in the total value of funds requested)
The review panel scores applicants on:
- research excellence
- research impact
- plan for achieving research impact
- development of research talent
- project management and governance
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Submit signed OR-5 final and complete application, including letters of support, to email@example.com. This is the final internal deadline. A detailed timeline, including interim deadlines and deliverables, will be provided at the workshop.
The research office sends the complete application package to the ministry by September 20, 2019
How to Apply
The application process involves these steps:
- notify your ADR and Strategic Programs (Office of Research) that you plan to apply (See internal deadline)
- attend the workshop(s) to learn more
- read the program guidelines and application instructions
- prepare and submit drafts according to timeline (to be shared at workshop)
- Submit final draft by final internal deadline (See internal deadlines)
- your research office sends the complete application package to the ministry by September 20, 2019