The Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH) in collaboration with the Institute of Aboriginal Peoples’ Health (IAPH); Institute of Cancer Research (ICR); Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH); Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA); Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addictions (INMHA); and Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes (INMD)
The program will fund research across the four pillars (biomedical, clinical, health systems services, and population health) that has the potential to have a significant impact on maternal, reproductive, child and youth health outcomes according to the mandates of the participating CIHR institutes. Ultimately, the program aims to strengthen Canada's capacity and knowledge to respond to challenges and needs by providing important early career development support to researchers in these fields.
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be an independent researcher appointed at an eligible institution (See Institutional Eligibility Requirements for eligibility process and associated timelines).
- At the time of application, the NPA must also meet both of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be within five years (60 months) of their first academic or research appointment (i.e. appointment as an independent researcher providing eligibility to apply for grants and supervise trainees).
- Have at least 50% protected time for research.
- If applying to the IAPH funding pool, the NPA must self-identify as Indigenous to Canada (i.e. First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) (see how to apply section).
$25,000/ year to a maximum of $75,000. Enough funding for up to 24 grants
up to three years
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).