Partners in Research
Nominations for the 2019 PIR National Awards are expected to open in November 2018
PIR's mandate is to educate the public about the importance and significance of research within the biomedical and natural sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics domains. Awards celebrate the promotion to the public of leading Canadian research through outreach activities and recognize the impact of this research on the lives of Canadians. There are six different awards:
- Biomedical Science Ambassador Award
- Science Ambassador Award
- Technology and Engineering Ambassador Award
- Dr. Jonathan Borwein Mathematics Ambassador Award
- Ronald G. Calhoun Science Ambassador Award
- Young Ambassador Award
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Nominations must have received institutional endorsement prior to submission. See How to Apply.
How to Apply
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the program website
- an up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable)