Research Impact Canada
The Research Impact Canada (RIC) Engaged Scholarship Award for Graduate Students (RIC Award) recognizes graduate students that conduct research projects following engaged scholarship principles that lead to increased awareness of audiences beyond academia or changes in stakeholder actions, practices, guidelines or policies. This award contributes to the promotion and recognition of engaged scholarship, co-creation of knowledge, or knowledge translation among Canadian graduate students.
The RIC Award is open to graduate students of all disciplines.
A student may self-nominate or be nominated by a faculty member or community organization. Faculty members and community organizations may nominate more than one student research project for the award but each application must recognise only one student.
The applicant’s research project may be complete or in progress; however, in order for the application to be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a graduate student currently registered at one of RIC’s Canadian member institutions
- Be leading or have led a research project in partial fulfillment of a graduate degree program at one of RIC’s Canadian member institutions
- Demonstrate how the project follows engaged scholarship principles and has resulted in increased awareness of targeted audiences or changes in stakeholder actions, practices, guidelines or policies
- Provide a copy of the project’s human research ethics approval certificate from the member institution
Recipients of the 2021 RIC Award will receive:
- $1500 cash award
- A complimentary registration to the Canadian Association of Research Administrators Annual Conference (CARA), May 2021 where they will be invited to present on their engaged research project at a featured Knowledge Mobilization session
- Promotion of their winning research project on the RIC website and across national and international social media channels
- Access to a network of more than 60 active knowledge mobilization professionals representing 20+ Canadian universities
- Opportunities to participate in one or more of the RIC’s national webinar sessions
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
A completed application must be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
See the 2021 RIC Award Guidelines for application requirements.
For More Information
For more information, please contact Research Impact Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.