The Royal Society of Canada
The Competition for RSC Medals and Awards is now Open. Deadline for submission is March 1st, 2019.
The RSC administers over 20 prestigious awards, most of which are awarded to those at various career stages in recognition of outstanding achievement. Below is the list for 2019 Medals and Awards.
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Pierre Chauveau Medal
- Awarded for a distinguished contribution to knowledge in the Humanities
- Jason A. Hannah Medal*
- Awarded for an important publication in the history of medicine. *(Different criteria for this medal, please refer to RSC Nomination Guide)
- Yvan Allaire Medal (+ $5,000)
- For outstanding contribution in governance (Social Sciences)
- Henry Marshall Tory Medal
- Awarded for outstanding research in any branch of astronomy, chemistry, mathematics, physics, or an applied science
- McLaughlin Medal
- For important research of sustained excellence in any branch of medical sciences
- Miroslaw Romanowsk Medal (+ $3,000)
- Awarded for contributions towards the resolution of scientific aspects of environmental problems or for important improvements to the quality of an ecosystem in all aspects - terrestrial, atmospheric and aqueous - brought about by scientific means
- Rutherford Memorial Medals (one in Chemistry and one in Physics)
- For research in chemistry or physics
- Preference will be given to candidates under forty years old
- Sir John William Dawson Medal
- For important contribution of knowledge in multiple domains
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Eligible nominators must submit the full nomination dossier directly to the RSC by the external deadline, as per RSC Nomination Guide. Nominators must be Fellows of the Royal Society.
If you are being nominated, the ORS would appreciate being informed. Please send a copy of your nomination dossier to email@example.com by the external deadline.
For More Information
If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 998-9920.