Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG)
For More Information
Please see the sponsor’s website for more information including the application form.
The objective of the Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) is to encourage and promote institutional collaboration in research and development between Indian and Canadian institutions in the areas in which institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian member council can gain and develop.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=member-institutions .
- The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
- The recipient of the award is a faculty member from an Institution of good standing either from India or Canada who are in the Member Council of SICI.
Maximum Project Value
INR 10, 00,000 with the grant disbursed in two equal installments of 5 lakh each year.
Additional contributions from the applicants’ institutions to the project are encouraged.
Institutional overhead costs are not eligible.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Completed electronic application along with all required documents should be submitted to email@example.com with a mention of the program name in the subject line: “Application for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) 2016-17”.
How to Apply
- Upon approval from the Office of Research Services, applicants must submit an electronic copy of their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the program name in the subject line.
- Submit a paper copy of the complete application to the following address and include the program name "SICRG" on the envelope.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001