Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Shastri Mobility Program (SMP)
For More Information
Please see the sponsor’s website for more information including the application form.
This Shastri Mobility Program (SMP) is for SICI’s member institutions who wish to bring about a change in their university and/ or course by understanding the Canadian education system and the curriculum through their visit to Canadian institutions, and delivering lectures or teaching a module/part of a course in the visiting Institutions. The research theme for the program will cover issues concerning all domains of studies including the focus areas of SICI. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education and development areas as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU.
The Mobility Program has two components: senior academics and educational administrators. The program will provide an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development for senior academicians/educational administrators. The program will enable higher education officials to create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of Canada and India. Recipients will have an opportunity to learn about the host country’s education system as well as establish networks. This experience will also permit senior academics/ educational administrators to collaborate with colleagues abroad, share professional experiences, hone expertise and diversify academic curricula.
- The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- Faculty members educational administrators of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: http://www.sici.org.in/index.php?page=member-institutions .
- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or India.
- A letter of invitation from the host institution is required.
- Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature for the award mentioning your calibre and justifying the request of your visit for the proposal purpose.
Maximum Project Value
Thirteen awards will be funded at a value of $750 per week per award.
The fellowship package will include:
- living allowance;
- economy class airfare from the place of origin to the place of affiliation in the most direct route;
- visa fee;
- compliance fee;
- student registration/affiliation fee;
- overseas insurance.
Institutional overhead costs are not eligible.
The program will run for two to three weeks.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Completed electronic application along with all required documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a mention of program name in the subject line “Application for Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP) 2016-17”.
How to Apply
- Upon approval from the Office of Research Services, applicants must submit an electronic copy of their application to email@example.com and mention the program name in the subject line.
- Submit a paper copy of the complete application to the following address and mention the program name "SICRG" on the envelope.
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001