Tuesday February 23, 2021 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Skills for Research Impact is a workshop series for University of Guelph faculty, research staff and graduate students interested in enhancing the impact of their research. Through five core sessions facilitated by impact experts, participants will learn how to successfully plan, execute and evaluate knowledge mobilization (or knowledge translation and transfer) activities.
Join us on Tuesday, February 23 from 1-2:30 pm for the third workshop in the series, Clear Language Writing. In this workshop, you will learn to hone your clear communications skills and get tips on how to structure your communications and write in clear language for lay audiences.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define what clear language communication is
- Recall why clear language communication is important in Knowledge Mobilization
- Explain the importance of identifying and understanding the needs of your audience
- Evaluate the clarity of various communication pieces
- Construct clear language communication using organization, language, and formatting strategies