Tuesday March 23, 2021 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Skills for Research Impact is a workshop series for University of Guelph faculty, research staff and graduate students interested in enhancing the impact of their research. Through five core sessions facilitated by impact experts, participants will learn how to successfully plan, execute and evaluate knowledge mobilization (or knowledge translation and transfer) activities. Sessions will cover topics key to effective research communications and engagement of non-academic audiences, including policy, industry and community stakeholders.
Join us on March 23 from 1-2:30 to learn about evaluating research impact.
When all is said and done, how do you know it worked? Go beyond the anecdote and learn to use evaluation techniques to assess the impact of your knowledge mobilization efforts.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the steps involved in evaluating KTT
- Discuss common challenges and best practices in KTT evaluation
- Use strategies to identify KTT measures and indicators
- Explain trade-offs in deciding what and how to measure
- Select appropriate KTT evaluation goals
- Build a logic model or theory of change to explain KTT rationale
- Create a basic evaluation framework for their own KTT work
Register for the Evaluating KTT Activities session.Click here to learn more about this alert